Name

Home Address

Home

Mobile

E-Mail

Chairman

Mr Mel Brown



07850 701558


Secretary

Mr David Hutchinson

Leamington House, Yedmandale Road, West Ayton, Scarborough, YO13 9JP


07771 686263

davidhutch007@gmail.com

Fixtures






Captains






2ndXI

Mr Jack Walmsley



07429 124863


3rdXI

Mr Carl Sample



07595 401459








Cancellations






Child Welfare Officers












Groundsman






Website






FOLKTON & FLIXTON CRICKET CLUB

DATES OF INTEREST

Founded 1921

Joined League  pre  1931

League Champions  1966, 1971,  1972, 1973, 1974, 1977, 1980, 1990, 1998, 2000

Cayley Cup Div ‘A’ Winners 1960, 1967,  1968, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1997, 1998, 2001

2nd X1 Joined League 1998

Division ‘A’ Champions 2011

Division ’C’ Champions 2000

Flixton 3rd X1 joined 2016 after amalgamation with Derwent Valley League  

First formed 2005





Travel Directions        

From the A64 at Staxton Roundabout, take the A1039 signposted Filey. Go through  Flixton Village passing the Foxhound Inn on left. Entrance to field is after last house on right hand side (through the entrance to the Village Hall). The pavilion, cricket fields and car parking are situated at the back of the Village Hall.

         New pavilion built for the 2005 season


From 1921 to 1939 the one Folkton & Flixton team played in a variety of fields belonging to local farmers.

In 1942 Andrew Nichol, father of Hubert, Geoff and Roy, all keen cricketers, provided a field at Schoolhouse Farm, Flixton. Three wickets were laid with cinders underneath for drainage. A wooden hut was constructed by F Robinson, 8ft x 20ft with a partition in the middle to form a changing room for the “Away” team. The other half provided a score box and a place for the ladies to prepare refreshments. The “Home” team changed in a cowshed. The ground was known as “cow pat alley” for obvious reasons.

In the 1960’s a redundant workshop was bought from Leonard Dale being altered to provide two changing rooms.

In 1974 the Amen Field became available which belonged to the York Diocese and was sold to Scarborough Borough Council. This was then rented to the Village Playing Field Association who in turn rented it to the cricket club. In 1976 Folkton & Flixton C.C. moved to their current ground bringing with them the changing rooms from “cow pat alley”. Later, an extension was added to the Village Hall to provide two changing rooms, showers and kitchen facilities. A free standing scorebox was constructed and the Club continued to thrive and expand its teams.

In 2004 the Club members working together commenced building a new cricket pavilion to allow entry of the 1st X1 into the York Senior Cricket League. The facilities offered by the new pavilion are enjoyed by all our teams and supporters and are a credit to everyone who contributed in one way or another to the building and its continuing upkeep.                 Electronic Score Box