Home Address





Les Johnson

01944 758557


Andrew Slaughter

114 Langton Road, Norton, Malton, YO17 7AT

07794 423917


Charles Benthall

01944 728404

07974 104745



Adam Spaven

01944 758858

07854 494106


Mark Dring

07980 184767


Andrew Slaughter

114 Langton Road, Norton, Malton, YO17 7AT

07794 423917

Child Welfare Officers

Malcolm Spaven

01944 758858

Gareth Driver

07415 341042


John Crossland

01944 728296





1886 First recorded match

1900 Current playing field made available for sport

1919 It was around that date Heslerton C.C. joined the Scarborough Beckett   Cricket League.  

1923 2nd X1 formed, playing in Derwent Valley Cricket League.

1993 Most successful year being League Champions and winning :-

Cayley Cup ‘A’, Scarborough Evening League Div ‘A’, Harburn Cup,

Hospital Cup, Pickering Cup, Sundella Trophy, Endley Trophy,

Nat. Village Championship Area Final, Pickering Indoor League,

Geof Mountfield Memorial Trophy (Umpire’s Quiz), Ryedale District   Council Team of the Year.

approx1982 Under 15’s team formed playing in Derwent Valley Junior League

2008 Under 11’s team formed.

2008 Clubmark accreditation achieved.

2008 New pavilion opened.

2009 Electronic scoring facility added

2013 2nd X1 promoted from Derwent Valley ‘A’ to Div ‘C’

League Champions  1921,  1922, 1923, 1955, 1956, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1996 2011, 2013.

Division ‘B’ Champions (Div ‘A’) 1970, 1980, 2004, 2010.

Cayley Cup Div ‘A’ winners: 1981, 1984, 1991, 1993.

Cayley Cup Div ‘B’ winners 1974, 1980,


Ground address and travel directions.

From West: turn left off A.64 immediately past garage onto Sand Lane at West Heslerton. Entrance to ground approx 300 yards on right.

From East: turn right immediately before garage onto Sand Lane.

May 1st 1886, Heslerton v Wintringham, the first recorded match in the history of Heslerton Cricket Club. Cricket was played in the grounds of West Heslerton Hall, at that time but moved further down Sand Lane until the present field was made available, for cricket and sport in general by Hon. Eustace Dawnay around the year 1900.

The first pavilion, a railway carriage, arrived on site during 1912, providing changing and scoring facilities until 1960 when a wooden isolation home was purchased from Staxton Wold. That building underwent numerous changes but remained until the opening of the magnificent new pavilion in 2008.

To comply with local planning regulations entry to the sports field was moved from being directly from the A.64 trunk road to Sand Lane which incorporates hard standing car parking facilities.