Name

Home Address

Home

Mobile

E-Mail

Chairman

Steve Clements

1 Birklands, Main Road, Beadlam, York, YO62 7ST

01439 338842

07971 148039

sclements@fsmail.net

Secretary

Adam Collier

Rose Cottage, High Lane, Nawton, YO62 7SY


07972 919998

a.collier121@btinternet.com

Fixtures

Jonny Pickard

2 Birklands, Main Road, Beadlam, York, YO62 7ST

01439 770574

07966 296292

jonny@yorkshirefleet.co.uk

Captains






1stXI

Jonny Pickard

2 Birklands, Main Road, Beadlam, York, YO62 7ST

01439 770574

07966 296292

jonny@yorkshirefleet.co.uk

2ndXI

George Bentley



07899 867852

georgebentley25@yahoo.co.uk







Cancellations






Child Welfare Officers

George Bentley



07899 867852

georgebentley25@yahoo.co.uk







Groundsman

Mark Rymer


01439 771170



Website






NAWTON GRANGE CRICKET CLUB

DATES OF INTEREST


Promoted from Derwent Valley League 1998

 Division ’B’ Champions.   2005

Cayley Cup Div ’B’ Winners (Div ‘A’) 2005, 2014

Cayley Cup Div ‘C’ Winners  2002

2nd X1 Members of League  2007 - 08

Joined League in 2016 after amalgamation with Derwent Valley League

Reformed for a second time  2012


The founding of Nawton Grange C.C. cannot be traced but it known that the Club played all their cricket at Kirkdale Manor, the home of Sir Gervase and Lady Marjorie Beckett, who were great supporters of the Club. It was Sir Gervase Beckett MP who presented a cup to the West Ayton and Snainton Cricket League in 1911 after which the League became known as the Beckett League.

Sir Gervase played for the Club until age got the better of him. He then became the Club umpire and his son Martyn took his place in the team. Nawton Grange played at the Manor until 1948 when Sir Garvase gave a field to the Village and the Beckett Recreation Club was formed bringing together cricket, football and tennis.

The first purpose built pavilion was built at the North side of the field, remaining until the Club was devastated on the morning of 3rd May 2003 to awake to the news that the pavilion had been attacked by arsonists being ravished by fire and everything the club owned destroyed or stolen. Under the leadership of President, Mrs Chris Rymer, the Village was brought together and a new pavilion built and opened during 2005.